Friday, October 9, 2009

Wildin' Out

Sometimes, in life and in design, things can seem unruly and unsystematic. But only in the sweet, sweet world of design can those appellations be welcomed with a pleasant reception. My personal style typically leans towards the absence of clutter, but sometimes I find myself wildly drawn to outrageous décor.


I am actually really digging this room. I could live in and love it fo' sho'!



What is this?


I looooooove love love those black lacquer steps. Very sexy.


A splash of Moroccan flair from the gilded pieces and the orange, pink and red pillows with a hint of oriental style by means of the chinoesere wallpaper, a pinch of old Hollywood glamour from the tufted black velvet couch and a dash of traditional style from the classic arm chairs. That’s the recipe for a disastrous, I mean eclectic room.


Some heirloom pieces with a touch of glamour.
Very ladylike.



Domino Magazine, I miss you so.
I tore this page because I loved the kelly green chairs so much!



YOWZA!
It's impressive how one can create such harmony between wild pieces and color !

1 comment:

  1. I agree! In my own home, I like calm and neutrals. But I'm always so intrigued by the color, full rooms. Great example of that in these!

    ReplyDelete